Thursday 25 October 2007

Shop experience

Well I made good use of the weekly shop with the sidecar by studying shops methods of security and layout....

  • Two of the major high street chains I visited used multiple 360degree cameras and electromagnetic tags. One of which had a plain clothes security guard with apple 'ipod' earphones. Perhaps this was a genuine ipod but I had the suspicion it wasnt due to the cables being slightly different. Nice disguise though.
  • Early on in the day I phoned another major high street chain asking a few questions about their security measures.. It didnt go that great to be honest as they didnt want to disclose much to me. There seemed to be a lot of "I cant answer that" so I may need to tweek my questions.
  • However when I did ask the question, do you have a problem with shoplifting with the immediate reply of "no", i did wonder if this interview would be worth it. Especially because at the same time his radio was going off..."still at the shoes,... shes moving towards the jackets now..i need coverage..."
  • So thats when I decided to take a visit into the chain and to my (non) amazement, two security guards shot past me on the escalator and grounded a publician in the changing room area. Maybe an area to look into??

No comments: